Memorial Day weekend is a time to remember those who have fought for our freedom by gathering with friends and family amidst the beautiful outdoors. In honor of the 13 stripes on the U.S. flag, here are 13 simple, quick and budget-friendly patriotic décor ideas for your Memorial Day celebration.
1. Set the table with patriotic painted mason jars
2. A red, white, and blue themed clothes pin wreath is a perfect way to greet your guests.
3. A fruit flag tray will most definitely be a hit amoungst your Memorial Day guests. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, along with chunks of cheese to create your “stripes” will be a yummy addition to the treat table! (Simply cut fresh organic strawberries and your favorite white cheese. Then arrange with fresh organic blueberries and raspberries, as shown below)
4. This gorgeous DIY will look great in a prominent corner of your home or hanging out on the back porch.
5. How cute is the wood pallet wall-hang? This would be the perfect addition to your Memorial Day décor & you can even reuse it for the 4th of July. See how to make it here.
6. This unique red, white and blue floral centerpiece, in which flowers in mason jars come together to form the flag. Not only does it make a patriotic table decoration, the individual mason jar arrangements can be given away as party favors.
7. As far as we know, chalkboards are still “in,” and that’s why you need this patriotic version! You can actually use an existing chalkboard around the house, or finally just use this as the push you need to make one for yourself. Add a festive message and you’re already in the patriotic spirit!
8. This burlap table runner is perfect for adding just a bit of texture and color. You can customize with whatever pattern and design you want, while still feeling patriotic at the same time.
9. You can never have enough garland, here’s a version that is simple, yet undoubtedly patriotic. Simple enough to make on your own either by sewing the stars together, or sandwiching two together around some thread with glue. A great afternoon craft!
10. Patriotic Puppy-Chow is the perfect treat for your guest to munch on this Memorial Day Weekend.
11. What better way to honor those who have served than with a toast of some sparkling red, white, and blue sangria. See how to make your own here.
12. If sangria isn’t your thing, try this patriotic gin & tonic.
13. This simple bandanna table setting is a cute way to add patriotism to your dinner table.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!